A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Sunday 30 July 2017

AMERICAN CHOCOLATE CHIPS COOKIES



I have no idea why this is called 
American Chocolate Chips cookies.

To me, it is simply Chocolate chip cookies.
Why American?
Anybody out there can tell me?

I am not a fan of cookies
I made these for my daughters & grandchildren.

After baking, I couldn't help but taken 4 pieces!
Is it because these were crunchy?
Yes, very crunchy!
Also,
I think it must have been fresh from the oven!

This recipe originated from Quay Po Cooks,
modified by Sonia a.k.a Nasi Lemak Lover
and now
I simplified the method.

Haha, lazy me!

American Chocolate Chips Cookies
(A) 300g all purpose flour
       2 Tbsp corn flour
       40g roll oats, blended fine
       1 tsp baking soda
       1 tsp salt

(B) 230g butter
      70g caster sugar
      150g soft brown sugar
      1 tsp vanilla
      2 eggs
      160g semi sweet chocolate chips 

1. mix well ingredients (A) & set aside
2. cream butter & 2 sugars until creamy, add vanilla essence
3. add eggs, one at a time
4. fold in dry ingredients & chocolate chips
5. cover & leave in fridge for 1-2 hrs to firm up the dough
6. preheat oven to 170'C & prepare line baking tray
7. use a small ice cream scoop (if you have one) to scoop the dough onto the tray
8. bake one pan at a time in oven centre rack for 20min 
9. cool cookies on wire rack

Note:
1. can use spoon if you do not have an ice cream scoop
2. if you want a chewy cookie. scoop a bigger portion
       

No comments: