A Time To Share
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."
Monday 28 December 2020
Saturday 19 September 2020
Monday 7 September 2020
are easy to make
and nice to look at if you have some icing on top.
But the best of all, it is nice to eat if you have a good butter icing on it!
(makes 35 small cupcakes)
220g fine sugar
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
sifted together 300g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1. cream butter and sugar until light
2. add vanilla essence, and eggs, one at a time until well combined
3. fold in sifted flour alternate with milk
4. scoop into cupcake paper
5. bake in preheated oven 175'C for 20-25min until cooked
Ermine Buttercream of Flour Buttercream
Ermine Buttercream is delicious and stable in our hot weather. Be assured that there is no flour taste.
This recipe is enough for 20 cupcakes
Roux: 16g plain flour
Buttercream: 100g salted butter, a good brand
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
50g icing sugar
1. cook flour and milk over low heat until mixture thickens, leave to cool
2. in another bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. add vanilla extract
4. add roux, by the tablespoon, whisk well after each addition
5. It is done!
Monday 31 August 2020
3 Ingredients Oreo Cake
by Spice Bikes
28 oreo biscuit
1.5 tsp baking powder
1. separate cream from oreo biscuits
2. crush oreo biscuits, add milk to mix until smooth
3. mix in the cream
4. add baking powder, mix well
5. pour into 3 nos. 4" cake pan
5. bake in preheated oven 175'C for 25min until done
As you can see, Kluang Mooncake has a biscuit skin
which crumbles and melts in your mouth.
Kluang Mooncake Biscuit
400g self raising flour
80g powder sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
600g filling (red bean paste) - divide into 3 portions
& roll into 6" rods
egg wash:1 egg + a little water
1. sift flour, mix in sugar and salt
2. rub in butter
3. add beaten egg to combine (may need a little milk if the egg is small)
4. divide into 3 portions, roll flat & wrap the filling & shape
5. score the top of biscuits & brush with egg wash
6. bake in preheated oven 190'C for 30-35min
Tuesday 25 August 2020
Recipe adapted from
200g plain flour
60g cooking oil
30g castor sugar
1/4 tsp salt
150g plain flour
80g cooking oil
300g diced barbecue pork （叉烧）
200g green peas (青豆）
1 big onion – diced （大葱）
2 Tsp plain flour
3 Tbsp cooking oil
Sauce: mix together
1 Tsp sesame oil （麻油）
3 Tsp castor sugar （细砂糖）
1 Tsp Chinese cooking wine （烹饪酒）
2 Tsp oyster sauce （耗油）
1 Tsp dark soya sauce
5 Tbsp hot water
1) Egg wash
- beat together 1 egg yolk & 1 Tbsp icing sugar
- black and white sesame seeds
COOK THE FILLING:
1. In the frying pan, heat up 3 Tbsp cooking oil,
- sauté the onions until fragrant.
- Add plain flour & fry, pour in sauce
- add barbecue pork & green peas, fry until almost dry
- Remove from heat and allow to cool, refrigerate
PREPARE THE SKIN
- water skin: combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, mix until smooth.
- Put dough in plastic bag and leave aside
- Oil skin: mix all ingredients to form a dough. May need to add more flour to get a pliable dough.
- Divide both the water skin and oil skin into 15 equal portions.
- Take one portion of water skin, flatten it, wrap a portion of the oil skin inside, set aside.
- After doing the same for all the 15 portions, take the 1st ball and roll it lengthwise, roll up as if a Swiss roll, leave aside and do the same for the rest.
- Take the 1st roll, flatten it lengthwise & roll up again.
- When finish doing the same for the rest of the rolls, take the 1st roll & flatten it into a round
- Wrap 1-2 Tbsp of filling in it & pleat to seal the opening. Leave on a parchment lined tray.
- Before sending into the oven, egg wash & decorate with sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven 180’C for 35-45min until the desired colour is reached.
Sunday 16 August 2020
Love Doughnuts but worry about the oil?
No problem, try this!
390g bread flour
1.25 tsp instant yeast
250g fresh milk
1/2 tsp salt
- all ingredients into the bread machine, bread dough cycle, 1.5 hrs
- when done, roll flat about 1/2” thick
- use cookie cutter to cut rounds
- Use a piping nozzle to cut the centre hole
- Place on parchment lined tray to proof 60min until double
- bake in preheated oven 200’C for 15-20min
- Let cool
12g fine/icing sugar
- Combine all ingredients & melt over steam
- Once butter & sugar melt, remove from heat
- Stir until the chocolate is fully incorporated
- Leave aside to cool
- Dip the cooled doughnut into the chocolate
- Turn over & leave on a tray
- Sprinkle with rainbow or chocolate rice
1) If the bread dough is dry while kneading, add more milk. The dough should be soft but not sticky!
2) if you run out of chocolate for glaze, you can use cocoa powder instead. Recipe:
125g powder sugar
2 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp milk
Combine all ingredients and mix until smooth
Sunday 2 August 2020
40g rice flour
250g coconut milk
230g sweet potato, steamed & blend with water
1. boil water with pandan leaves & divide accordingly
2. mix the ingredients in white & sweet potato layer separately, strain the batter
3. divide batter: white 4 parts; coloured 5 parts
4. in a steamer, heat an oiled pan for 5min
5. pour in 1st layer (coloured), cover & steam for 5min
6. pour the next layer (white), cover & steam for 5min
7. repeat by alternating the colour, make sure to stir the batter everytime
8. at the last layer, steam for 15min
9. cool completely (3-4hrs) before cutting.
Sunday 26 July 2020
Sunday 19 July 2020
4. add the rest of the ingredients and cook until the meat is tender.
Sunday 5 July 2020
2 Tbsp garlic, minced
Tuesday 30 June 2020
Thursday 25 June 2020
Monday 8 June 2020
Thursday 28 May 2020
6) pour the fruits into a baking tray, spread evenly
7) add the toppings to cover the fruits
8) bake for 40min until brown
9) serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
Sunday 17 May 2020
Wednesday 13 May 2020
It is spongy and light
with a hint of peanut butter!
1. bring water to a boil
2. add eggs & let boil for 6min
3. remove & put into ice cold water
4. do not de-shell until required
1) cut the dates in half. Some will advise to remove the seeds before boiling.
2) Put everything into a slow cooker to boil for 2 hours.
3) When done, Use the back of the spoon to press the dates to squeeze out the nutrients if you are not eating the pulp.
4) Strain and drink either warm or chilled.
5) You will be surprised how nice is the taste of the drink! You will love it.