Salted Egg Powder
I love salted eggs.
I make my own salted eggs with duck eggs.
In my eagerness to try making some salted egg powder,
I referred to Guaishushu1.com for this recipe.
When it was finally done,
while recording the recipe,
I realized that I have wrongly read his recipe,
'20 salted egg yolk & 20g milk powder'.
Instead, I have used:
50g salted egg yolk (3 yolks)
50g milk powder
1. clean salted egg yolks, make sure no whites is attched to the yolk
2. bake the salted egg yolk in a preheated oven 150'C for 10min
3. mash the yolks & continue baking another 5 min until cooked
4. blend together the baked salted egg yolk with milk powder, until fine
5. bake again @100'C for at least 30min, with oven door slightly ajar to air dry
6. spread out the egg yolk powder & leave in the fridge for 1 night
7. sift and store in the fridge in air tight container.
If you prefer it drier, leave in fridge with caps open to draw out remaining moisture
The final product looks good as you can see in the photo.
It is also aromatic. I may get a different taste when cooking
some savoury Chinese dishes with it. Other than that, I think
it should be fine. Will update you if I encounter any problem
using it. In the mean time, keep my fingers crossed.