A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Tuesday 20 March 2018

SALTED EGG POWDER


Salted Egg Powder

I love salted eggs.
I make my own salted eggs with duck eggs.

In my eagerness to try making some salted egg powder,
I referred to Guaishushu1.com for this recipe.

When it was finally done, 
and 
while recording the recipe,
I realized that I have wrongly read his recipe,

'20 salted egg yolk & 20g milk powder'.

Instead, I have used:
50g salted egg yolk (3 yolks)
50g milk powder

Method:
1. clean salted egg yolks, make sure no whites is attched to the yolk
2. bake the salted egg yolk in a preheated oven 150'C for 10min
3. mash the yolks & continue baking another 5 min until cooked
4. blend together the baked salted egg yolk with milk powder, until fine
5. bake again @100'C for at least 30min, with oven door slightly ajar to air dry 
6. spread out the egg yolk powder & leave in the fridge for 1 night
7. sift and store in the fridge in air tight container.
    If you prefer it drier, leave in fridge with caps open to draw out remaining moisture

Update:
The final product looks good as you can see in the photo. 
It is also aromatic. I may get a different taste when cooking
some savoury Chinese dishes with it. Other than that, I think
it should be fine. Will update you if I encounter any problem
using it. In the mean time, keep my fingers crossed.

No comments: