was once very popular.
It was usually served together with a sweet cold dessert
at the end of a heavy 8 course dinner in a Chinese restaurant.
This recipe is adapted from dingoozatfood.blogspot.com
(A) sift together
90g All Purpose Flour
30g Rice Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Sugar
1/4 tsp Salt
1 large Egg
250g red bean paste or lotus bean paste.
- Add B to A, mix well and strain through a sieve
- Lightly oil a non stick frying pan
- Heat up the pan.
- Pour 1 ladle batter into the pan, swirl to form a thin pancake
- Once set, remove from pan and spread filling onto the pancake (do not press in the filling)
- Fold into rectangle by folding in the 4 sides, Brush some batter on the sides to secure the edges
- Heat some oil in the pan, pan fry the pancake until golden brown on both sides. Dish out and drain the excess oil. Cut into pieces and serve