when used to make steam mantou,
as in other bakes,
it gives a sweet smell to the buns.
The texture may be fluffy as shown in the picture
but it is quite heavy.
The buns cracked because of over fermentation.
I left it left too long on the counter.
This recipe is the courtesy of Xiuli Zhang
120g fresh milk
1/2 Tbsp oil
1/4 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
180g superfine flour
1. Mix all ingredients except flour, into a paste
2. Add flour & knead to a smooth dough
3. Let proof 6-7 hours (or over night) until double in size
4. Divide & shape dough
5. Leave to proof 30-45 min until slightly bigger, if left too long, bun will crack like mine!
6. Steam for 5-10 min according to size of mantou