A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Thursday 25 July 2019

LUFFA SPONGE GOURD

Luffa Sponge Gourd

Are you familiar with this Sponge Gourd?
Those days many of us have a plant at the fence in the backyard.
The endless supply of the gourd
provides a soupy egg dish regularly on the dining table.


So much so that many of us got tired of it!
My hubby is one of those who does not like it anymore!

I still like it, haha!
So whenever I stumble on it, I will buy one for myself.
I can only cook 1/2


Last time, we had a plant at the backyard.
When it bloomed, it was such a beautiful sight-
blooming bright yellow flowers with so many gourds hanging down!
So much fruits that we had to give away.
Those that were left hanging on the plant just withered and dried up.

When we removed the dried skin and the seeds
we have a supply of sponge for use.

No comments: