A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Wednesday 4 July 2018

ALMOST SARA LEE POUND CAKE



Sara Lee Pound Cake
was the only cake that was always available in my home 
when my children were young.

Those days,  I had no time to bake 
so I would buy and have them frozen,
thaw whenever I need for breakfast or tea break.

I have been wanting to re-create this cake,
but it has long been in my to do list.
(so you know how long is my list!)

I was so delighted when I know that Goh NgaiLeng has done so!
Thank you Goh NgaiLeng for your sharing your recipe.

She calls this Almost Sara Lee Pound Cake
because it is almost a replica of Sara Lee Pound Cake,
especially its velvety crumbs.


Almost Sara Lee Pound Cake
110g cake flour
15g milk powder
1/2 tsp baking powder

3 eggs

110g butter, softened
110g fine sugar
1/4 tsp salt

1 Tbsp golden syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
20g lemon juice

Method
1. sift together cake flour, milk powder and baking powder and leave aside
2. beat eggs and set aside
3. cream butter, sugar and salt together until light and fluffy
4. gradually in 3 additions, mix beaten egg to the cream, mix well
5. mix in vanilla, golden syrup and lemon juice
6. sift in flour and mix briefly. DO NOT OVERMIX
7. pour into a lined bread pan
8. bake in preheated oven 170'C at the middle rack for 40-50min


Chocolate Sara Lee Pound Cake

I have replaced 18g of cake flour with Cocoa powder.

No comments: