is a good source of Calcium for Bones.
The normal pratice is to boil the Ikan Bilis,
discard them afterwards
and use the water to cook porridge for the little ones.
I prefer to grind them into powder
and add to the porridge.
The steps may be long
but you are feeding the baby the whole fish without bones and head!
If you are interested,
here is the recipe:
Ikan Bilis Powder
300g ikan bilis
1. remove the head of the ikan bilis, split open and discard the centre bones & stomach
2. rinse the ikan bilis in a sieve, under running water, drained
3. using the kitchen towel to soak up as much water as possible
4. spread out on the baking sheet
5. bake in preheated oven 80-100'C for 1 hour, until dry and crispy
- turning the ikan bilis a few times while baking.
6. let cool & blend until VERY VERY fine!
7. keep in a bottle & refrigerate until required.