Chocolate Sponge Cake
is nothing new to us
What attracted me in this cake is its appearance.
It is topped with so much chocolate chips!
"The cake texture is light and moist"
This is the findings of the owner of the recipe,
Chocolate Chip Sponge Cake
A) 65g cake flour ) sifted with
25g cocoa powder) and leave aside
5 egg yolks
90g fresh milk
B) 5 egg whilte
1/8 tsp vinegar
C) 100g chocolate chips
1. preheat oven 150'C & prepare bain-marie baking. Line a 8X8" square pan
2. heat oil to warm, add sifted flour mixture. Mix until incorporated & free of lumps
3. add fresh milk & egg yolks. Mix until batter is smooth & leave aside
4. In another clean bowl, whisk egg white & vinegar until foamy
5. add sugar in 3 additions. Whisk until stiff peaks
6. fold meringue into yolk batter in 3 additions also
7. pour 1/3 batter into baking tin, scatter some chocolate chips on top.
8. repeat the next 1/3 and the next. Sprinkle all remaining chips over the cake
9. steam bake 30 min. Dry bake another 10 min until cooked, test with a skewer