SOURDOUGH SANDWICH LOAF
Ever since I started baking bread again after a long break, this is my regular.
We have grown to like this bread more and more.
I use machine to knead the dough, with minimum handling except during shaping.
If you are interested to try your hands, I will gladly share with you this simple recipe.
Ingredients (makes 2 loaves of 450g each)
350g bread flour
2 Tbsp milk powder
2 Tbsp castor sugar
1 tsp salt
1) all ingredients into the machine & knead until the dough is smooth (about 10min)
2) cover, and let rest 60min
3) divide dough into 4 equal portions, and shape into balls
4) place 2 balls side by side into each oiled bread pan
5) allow to proof 3-4 hours until triple in size
6) bake in preheated oven 190’C for 45min (Tent the bread if it gets dark)
1) proofing time depends on the weather & temperature.
You may shorten the proofing time by putting the dough into an oven,
Also, can put a cup of hot water inside to help speed up.