A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Wednesday 8 July 2015

SOYA SAUCE PORK




Ethan: Mama, remember you cooked for me the black pork?
Mama: Yes?
Ethan: Can you please cook again?
Mama: Why? Mummy knows how to cook already.
Ethan: No, she cooked not fat one! I like the fat fat one!
              

How many of us adults also like the fat meat?
I remember my father-in-law liked, 
my dad liked,
my husband likes, 
and now
my grandson likes too!


This dish is simple and easy to cook

but you need patience to simmer the meat to perfection.
Believe me, 
it is worth the trouble.

In Foochow, this dish is called 'Lu Nuke'
In Hokkien, 'Dau Yu Bak'
And 
In Penang, it is called Hong Bak

Basically
It is stew pork in dark soya sauce

Sometimes,
Hard boiled eggs are added during cooking
As such
You will have flavourful dark eggs


300gm pork belly
1 tsp dark soya sauce (more if you like darker)
3 tsp soya sauce
1 piece ginger 
1 tsp sugar
1 large bulb garlic
Salt & pepper to taste

1) cut pork belly into bite size chunks
2) marinate with the rest of the ingredients for an hour
3) cook over stove until pork pieces shrink
4) add water to cover 1/2 the level of meat
5) simmer until soft, add water if necessary
      (time taken, an hour or so)

Pork cut in chunks




No comments: