We love melt-in-the-mouth cookies.
I have this little Roselle Bites
to share with you.
When you bite into these mini cakes,
you will be surprised to taste the sweet and a little sour roselle filling.
However, roselle filling is bright red
which is an auspicious colour for the Chinese New Year!
I have adapted this recipe from Sonia a.k.a. Nasi Lemak's recipe
50g condensed milk
255g all purpose flour
1 egg yolk
egg wash: 1 egg yolk+1 tsp milk
Roselle Filling, roll into little balls
1. cream butter and condensed milk till light
2. add in egg yolk, beat until combined
3. fold in sifted flour, mix to a soft & not sticky dough
4. roll into 8g balls & wrap filling
5. arrange on parchment lined baking tray, apply egg wash
6. bake in preheated oven 165'C for 25min until golden
7. cool completely before storing
Roselle Filling: 375g fresh roselle flowers
1. remove & discard seeds from roselle, rinse
2. remove skin & chop flesh of lemon
3. bring roselle, lemon flesh, water to a boil
4. continue cooking @ low heat, stir from time to time
5. when water has reduced, add sugar & continue cooking, stirring
6. cook till mixture comes together into a lump, remove & let cool