A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Sunday 20 August 2017

TAPIOCA CAKE WITH EGG






Tapioca Cake
is made from 3 main ingredients,
namely, tapioca, sugar & coconut milk.

You can very well make a Tapioca cake with just the 3 ingredients mentioned.

Other ingredients are added
to improve its texture &
to enhance the flavour.

I have been experimenting with various methods & ingredients
and
I have come out with this recipe
which I gladly share with you.


Tapioca Cake With Egg
800g tapioca (blend with 2 cups water, until fine)
175g sugar
250g santan
50g water
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp fresh pandan juice
20-30g butter (to oil the baking tray & balance added to main batter)

1. chop tapioca into pieces & blend with 2 cups water, until fine
2. squeeze out all the water & leave the liquid to settle
3. After 15-20min, pour away the water & add the starch back to the tapioca
4. Combine all ingredients & mix well
5. pour batter into oiled baking tin
6. bake in preheated oven 180'C for 60min
7. and another 10-15min @200'C for browning.

Baked by Facebook friend
Connie Lim:
Soft and fragrant tapiaca kuih👍👍
Thks toKatie Foong for the lovely recipe

8 comments:

Ellie Lee from Facebook said...

I used to eat this .. Missing it

Katie Foong: Can try making it...
Good nonya kuih are hard to come by these days.

Ellie Lee: Feel like eating it now 😂

Katie Foong: come, I will leave one for you.

Rebecca Tan: Missing this kuih too. Is true sis Katie Foong said,
you will never get a good one nowadays unless you make your own.
Thanks again for sharing the recipe

Katie Foong: Rebecca Tan You are welcomed my dear

Ellie Lee: Katie Foong you are so far from me...

Katie Foong: Ellie Lee Just checked, you are from KL.
I better finish it then, haha!

Anna Leong from Facebook said...

Wow! My fave but store bought too sweet...jus nice will try...

Katie Foong: Good. Can still reduce sugar to 150g

Joanne Tan from Facebook said...

Thanks for sharing my hubby favorite

Katie Foong: Great! My hubby's too

Jane Lee from Facebook said...

This kueh sure brings back sweet memories of my childhood days!
Tq sis Katie .

Katie Foong: Yes, it is my childhood kuih too. Guess that time this was the only kuih easily available.

Jane Lee: Its our era, sis Katie..😊

Cyndy Saw from Facebook said...

Ooo..my favourite! This looks so delish!

Katie Foong: If you like it, make it and let the knowledge pass down.... thank you

Cyndy Saw: I love to, but it's not easy to get fresh tapioca.

Katie Foong: Cyndy Saw Exactly. Once in awhile I see in the wet market.
If you should buy, try getting the yellow species,
very nice yellow colour! Have not seen them for quite awhile already.

Cyndy Saw: Katie Foong, ya, once I managed to get the yellow species tapioca and the color of the finished product was beautiful. Thanks for the post..reminds me how much I missed it!

Chan L Liang from Facebook said...

If you have a garden . .plant the yellow species...very tasty.

Katie Foong: I have a small plot but cannot find stems to plant.

Chan L Liang: Oic . .must ask around

Ding Mee Ling from Facebook said...

The yellow ones are very pretty when make kueh bengka..

Katie Foong: I also like yellow species. I cannot find in Ipoh here.
Maybe I should go Sitiawan to ask around.

Connie Lim from facebook said...

Soft and fragrant tapiaca kuih👍👍
Thks to Katie Foong for the lovely recipe