A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Sunday, 16 April 2017

NONYA RENDANG CHICKEN


Nonya Dishes are my favourite
Many times I gave up the idea of cooking these dishes
because of the tedious preparation

However, I still need to roll up my sleeves and start cooking
because good Nonya food are hard to come by. 

I would like to express my thanks to 
Soon Kowmin for sharing this recipe



Nonya Rendang Chicken
1/2 kampong chicken. chopped large pieces
5g old ginger
10g turmeric (I replaced with 1/2 tsp turmeric powder)
5 shallots
3 slices galangal/lengkuas
3 lemon grass, smashed
1.5 Tbsp curry powder+1 Tbsp water
125g coconut milk
80g water

1. blend ginger, turmeric, shallots & galangal to a paste
2. Heat 2-3 Tbsp oil in a wok & fry paste until fragrant
3. add curry powder paste & lemon grass, continue frying
4. add chicken & fry until chicken meat starts to shrink
5. add coconut milk & water, leave to simmer until cooked
6. enjoy

No comments: