If you like pickles you may like this!
It is crunchy, juicy and sweet!
Good as an appetiser, wonderful as a side dish!
You can never have too much!
If you like to make some for yourself.....
1 kg daikon (radish)
1.5 Tablespoon salt
1.75 cup sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
pinch of tumeric extract (optional)
1) peel and slice radish into rounds
2) combine salt, sugar & vinegar & pour over the sliced diakon
3) let it soak overnight, stir occasionally
4) next day, squeeze the diakon and pack into glass bottles
5) boil the liquid and remove scum if there is any
6) add a pinch of tumeric extract to give yellow colour if prefer
7) boil until the water is clear, remove and let cool
8) pour cooled juice into the bottles to soak the diakon.
9) leave these bottles in the fridge for 2 weeks