Who does not like
Crispy Roast Pork Belly?
When we were young
we do not get to eat as much roast pork
is only served during occasions
Festivals or Celebrations
I love Roast Pork
especially those with crackling sound when I bite into it!
After numerous trials & errors
I have finally settled with this crispy roast pork
which I gladly share with you
CRISPY ROAST PORK
1 slice 2" width pork belly with skin intact
salt & vinegar for spreading on skin
1/4 tsp 5-spice powder mix with
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1) clean pork belly, scrap off any dirt or hair
2) blanch in boiling water for 15-20min, drain & wipe dry
3) With a fork, poke holes on the skin, taking care not to go into the fat layer
4) rub some salt on the skin.
5) turn the pork belly over & make some shallow slits into the meat
6) rub seasoning onto the meat side
7) leave in the fridge, skin side up, overnight
8) after 24 hours, rub a little vinegar on the skin, not too much to wet the skin!
9) rub another layer of salt on the skin & leave aside 30min
10) bake skin side up in preheated oven 200'C for 15-20min
11) take out & pat dry the skin with paper towel
12) increase heat to 250'C for another 20-30 min for the skin to crack!
1) shift the pork belly to higher shelf to grille if temperature is not hot enough!
2) always try to keep the skin dry