Bread making is interesting,
with the various texture and shapes.
Thanks to so many posts in the web,
that I am able to try out so many recipes.
My husband has a sweet tooth,
he likes everything sweet.
Red bean paste is one of his favourite,
not forgetting the groundnut filling.
I like making red bean paste from the scratch.
Quite often you can buy quite good ones from the shop.
|RED BEAN BUN|
1 tsp salt
1 large egg
320g bread flour
40g wheat germ
40g all purpose flour
1.5 tsp instant yeast
400g red bean paste
milk for brushing
black sesame seeds for decoration
1) Put all ingredients into the bread machine,
bread dough cycle: 1.5 hrs
2) take out from bread machine, and divide dough into 45gm balls
3) flatten and wrap 30g red bean paste inside each ball
4) leave on parchment lined tray to rise 60min or until double
5) when ready to go into the oven, brush buns with milk
and sprinkle some black sesame seeds on top
6) bake in preheated oven of 190'C for 15min
if you prefer curry filling, please refer to:
450g potato - diced
150g chicken fillet
3 cloves garlic - chopped
1 large onion - chopped
curry powder+water to make into a paste
seasoning:salt, soya sauce, sugar & chicken powder
1) boil potato until slightly soften, leave aside
2) saute garlic & onions with some oil until fragrant
3) add curry paste and continue frying
4) add all other ingredients to cook until dry
5) cool before using