This carrot cake is light and spongy.
The large amount of finely shredded carrots
contributes to its moist texture.
By replacing some of the sugar with brown sugar,
it has enhanced the fragranc of cinnamon,
also giving the cake a slightly darker colour.
This darker shade definitely contributes to its yummy look!
If you are interested,
I have this recipe to share with you.
140g coconut oil
50g brown sugar
100g caster sugar
2 large egg
150g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp salt
150g carrot, shredded finely
1. sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt. leave aside
2. whisk together oil and sugars
3. whisk in eggs, one at a time, until well combined
4. add carrots, mix well
5. gently fold in dry ingredients, taking care not to over mix!
6. pour into a lined 9" round pan
7. bake in preheated oven @180'C for 45min, until skewer inserted comes out clean
8. leave to cool
9. wrap up & refrigerate until ready to frost.
Cream Cheese Frosting
(this is just enough for a 9" cake)
35g butter, at room temperature
140g cream cheese, at room temperature
35g icing sugar
1-2 tsp fresh lemon juice
Toasted walnuts for decoration, optional
1. cream together cream cheese and butter until light & fluffy
2. add icing sugar and lemon juice, and you are ready to frost
3. slice the cake horizontally 1/2
4. apply a thin layer of icing in between the 2 layers, stack up
5. apply a layer of frosting on top of the cake & decorate with walnuts
6. refrigerate if not serving soon. Thaw before serving
1. Only serve the cake at room temperature so that the texture is soft & spongy
2. The design on the cake is by tapping the icing with the back of a spoon.