can be added while cooking seafood and vegetables.
It gives some colour and flavour
to the dish.
Sambal Belacan Prawns and Pineapples
is an example,
a combination of seafood and fruits.
It is easy.
Just get yourself some Sambal Belacan
and here you go....
1 Tbsp garlic, smashed
2 Tbsp shallots, sliced
1.5-2 Tbsp sambal belacan
1-2 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp chilli oil
10 prawns, de-veined
pineapple, cut in small pieces
salt & sugar to taste
1. heat up oil & fry garlic & shallots until fragrant
2. add prawns & fry until they shrink and turn orange colour, remove
3. add sambal belacan & chilli oil into the same pan, fry together
4. add pineapple pieces and let cook until soft, add some water
5. add pre-cooked prawns, salt & pepper to taste