A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Sunday 8 April 2018

CLEAR SOUP ASSAM FISH


Clear Soup Assam Fish
is my favourite.

I love this Assam Fish because I can drink as much soup I want.

The soup is flavourful,
a mixture of sweet, sour, salty and a little spicy
in just the right combination for me
because I cannot take very spicy food.

It is so yummy to go with white rice.

I like to cook this with kampong fish.
Sometimes, I will add some okra if available.
If not, plain is just as good.

Here are some of the ingredients:

4 slices old ginger
1 Tbsp garlic, sliced thinly
2 Tbsp shallots, sliced thinly
2 lemongrass, smashed
1 bunga kantan, sliced lengthwise
3 limau perut leave
3 slices dried assam
1-2 Tbsp cooking oil
4 bowls of stock, adjust according to size of fish
2 fresh chilli, large
2 chilli padi, can add more if you prefer spicy
2 Tbsp chilli oil, I made my own
2 Tbsp thick assam juice, extract from paste
salt & sugar to taste

2 kampong fish
5 okra
1 small tomato, quartered



1. heat up cooking oil a pan
2. add ginger, garlic, lemongrass and shallots, fry until fragrant
3. pour in 4 bowls of stock, add assam pieces & bring to a boil
4. once boiled, add chillies, chilli oil, assam juice, okra & tomato, cook for 5 min
5. add fish, salt & sugar to taste
6. do not over cook the fish. Once cooked, serve hot!

1 comment:

Chee laifong from Facebook said...

Hi Katie

I'm gonna try and cook this dish for my mum.
It's her favourite....

Thank you for the recipe.

Have a great day!

Katie Foong: Sounds great! Wishing your mum, Happy Mother's Day!