A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Sunday 25 March 2018

HOMEMADE TOMATO SAUCE

Tomato Sauce
made from fresh tomatoes, anyone?



It looks like I am wasting my time
when I can get a big bottle at a fraction of the money.

If you have tasted it,
you will agree with me that it is simply delicious
and 
you can adjust the taste to your liking,
no artificial colouring and addictives!

Of course,
to get the best of it,
make it when tomatoes are in abundance and going cheap!

Here are the 2 tubs I made with 700g ripe tomatoes!


Thick and creamy Tomato Sauce.
You can further thicken it if you stir it longer over medium heat.

If you are keen on the recipe
which I have adapted from Hebbarskitchen.com....


Homemade Tomato Sauce
700g fresh ripe tomatoes
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp vinegar


1. boil cleaned tomatoes in boiling water for 3 min, remove
2. blend until smooth
3. strain into a saucepan
4. bring to a boil, stirring occasionally 
5. once boiled, add salt & sugar, continue cooking & stirring 
6. when it has reached the required consistency, off heat & let cool
7. store refrigerated.

Note:
It takes about 30min cooking & stirring occasionally

5 comments:

Priscilla Tan from Facebook said...

Wow! Thank u dear for sharing how long can we store in fridge?

Katie Foong: When I make extras, I freeze it! Can keep very much longer.

Helen Loo from Facebook said...

Oh yes thank you Katie for this wonderful sharing. My granddaughters love fish n pork cooked in tomato sauce. But the commercial ones r very saltish.

Katie Foong: you are welcomed. My grandchildren too, haha!

Helen Loo from Facebook said...

Do we need to peel the skin away?

Katie Foong: No, blend everything together until smooth, and then strain the seeds & skin out, if there is any caught in the strainer, haha! Happy trying

Sally Lim from Facebook said...

Great but how long can this sauce be kept?

Katie Foong: Oh dear, I do not usually keep it long in the fridge. If I need to keep it longer, I will freeze it! Hope this helps.

Helen Loo from Facebook said...

Katie my grand daughter loves this tomato sauce rather than her mother's fried chicken. I used Cadware Pioneer super blender only needs 4 mins. Just chop n the blender do the rest . Today making second time . Thank you for sharing