A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Friday 26 May 2017

JESUS THE PHYSICIAN

Jesus is our Healer
He is the great Physician
Nothing He cannot do
Call on His name and He will hear you from Heaven

God never slumber
He is never too far away
He is waiting with outstretched arms
Call out to Him and He will be right there for you. 

Trust Him, 
Our father in Heaven
His great love for us never ceases
His mercy endures forever

My friend, Melissa Ho has this testimony to share
looking back the route that she has gone through
cannot help but giving Thanks and Praises to 
The Almighty God of Heaven and Earth

Putting her whole trust in God has brought her Peace, Love and Hope
God's unfailing love has restored for her
A life that is meant for her
Knowing God is so wonderful



Good evening all,

My name is Melissa. 11th June, 2016 was an important and memorable date as this was the day that I got baptized in the church.  On that day I became a daughter of God and a disciple of Jesus Christ.  And this was witnessed by all my brothers & sisters in Christ.  As the Pastor was praying over me in the Name of the Father, Son & the Holy Spirit, I was overcome by the love of God.  I feel the presence of the spirit from my head to toe. And I felt such joy that I have never felt before and deep in my heart I felt a sense of liberty.  I quietly told the Lord this ‘O, Lord I am thankful for your saviour and setting me free from sin, suffering and bondages, and for making me a brand new person.  I am willing to follow you, to serve you and to glorify your name with my life.

I remember being in church for the first time back in 1995.  It was when I first went to America to visit my brother.  I followed him to church one Sunday.  I felt peace and calmness the moment I stepped into the church.  And the church members were very friendly which made me feel loved.  At that time, listening to the sermon was like listening to a story; very interesting.  That was my first encounter with Jesus.  After that, my brother keeps sharing the word of God with me.  Very quickly, 3 weeks of holidays had ended.  After I came back home, due to my family and work commitment, I stopped attending church.  It was until the year 2000 that I visited my brother again in USA together with my parents to attend his wedding that I stepped into a church again.

In 2003, my brother came back for a visit.  As he came to my house and saw idols, he asked me why I was still worshipping those.  I kept quiet but in my heart I was wondering how come my brother was condemning other people’s religion?  After that incident, it had caused me to dislike Christianity and I had no interest in Christianity or getting to know God.

I had a failed marriage which caused me a lot of suffering and torment.  I had many emotional breakdowns. I cried every day.  I couldn’t concentrate on my job, couldn’t sleep at night.  I even thought of ending my life.  As a result, I suffered from various illnesses.  I needed to get my life back and so I asked for a divorce.  It was a rough journey but eventually me and my unfaithful husband separated.  I was devastated and fell into depression and developed auto-immune disease.  All these health issue caused me even more anxiety and heartache.

After giving birth to my daughter in 1997, I was terribly anemic and was suspected of having thalassemia.  I had to go through some blood tests.  But, since I have very low hemoglobin and also having jaundice, thus unable to proceed with the blood tests. I was on medication for 6 months but only barely managed to sustain to go for blood tests.  The medical report showed that it wasn’t thalassemia but I had a severe iron deficiency.  Only 0.2mcg of iron left in my body which means I could die anytime.  The doctor recommended blood transfusion but I refused, not wanting other people’s blood in me.  I was really unaware that my life was at risk.  After many years of treatment, that wasn’t much improvement.  Until 2006, the doctor found some suitable medications for me.  After consuming it for few months, my hemoglobin shot up.  Oh! I was so happy! At that time although I was still a Buddhist but my thought was that it was God that saved me and he used the doctors to heal me.  Praise God.

So in 2006, I underwent a few operations.  And one of them was to remove an ovarian fibroid.  After that, I bought a health insurance policy but it excluded the coverage for my uterus.  Now, it has been 10 years since the operation and my gynecologist said I am doing well.  Then I did an extensive medical check-up in April 2016 and showed and submitted the result to my insurer.  I requested that they waive the exclusion in the coverage of my uterus.  In August that same year, my insurer informed me that the company has approved my application.  Now, I have full coverage on my healthcare.  I am thankful that God heard and answered my prayers.  One by one God has granted answers to my prayers.  This is my first gift from God after my water baptism.  I am grateful to God for His protection and care.

Before coming to God, I was a pessimist, full of fear and guilt, feeling hopeless and restless.  I would suddenly burst into tears and overcame by my anxiety.  This was the work of the enemy.  One week before my water baptism, I removed all idols from my home and I felt the peace of God fill my heart.  I was free from worries and pain.

The difference before and after my baptism is this:-
Now in my everyday life, I have peace, joy and hope for my future.  Even my colleagues see the change in me.  Now I know that God holds everything in his hands.  Even when there is trouble, I can surrender it to God as I know we have limits to what we can do.  I also understand that God has different ways and means for each one of us to come to know Him.  I can feel God’s love for me eventhough I am a sinner.  I can feel the faith and strength that God has given me.


Thank you all for allowing me to share my testimony with you.


各位来宾,弟兄姐妹们晚上好!圣诞蒙恩!

我叫丽琴。你们也可以叫我Melissa.  2016611日这重要的日子里,我就在我一直想到的桂和园卫理教会受洗;成为上帝的儿女,主耶稣的门徒。我亲爱的女儿以及众多的主内弟兄姐妹一起见证了这时刻。当牧师奉圣父,圣子,圣灵的名为我施洗时,主的爱、神的灵立刻充满了我。从未有过的喜乐和释放从我内心涌流。我轻轻地对主说:主啊!我感谢你救我脱离罪恶,脱离苦难和捆绑而成为一个新造的人。我愿一生一世跟随你、侍奉你、荣耀你!

记得我第一次去教会就是在1995年,第一次去美国探望我哥的时候。我跟随我哥到教会做礼拜。一步入教会,就有一种舒服、平安、宁静的感觉。教会的弟兄姐妹们全都和蔼可亲,让我感到关怀与爱。那时侯,听牧师讲道就好像听故事一样,很有趣。在美国初遇耶稣后,我哥也开始向我传达上帝的话语。三个星期的旅游很快就过去。回国后,因为工作和家庭忙碌的关系,我就没到教会了。直到2000年的时候,我带着我爸妈去美国参加我哥的婚礼,再次步入教堂。

2003年,我哥回马看望爸妈。他也到我家探望我。他见我家有拜偶像,然后就问我为什么还在拜拜?我没回答他。心里想为何我哥信主后会那样批评别人的宗教信仰?他那句话使我开始对基督教有些反感。从此以后,我对基督教和要进一步认识上帝也不感兴趣了。

我曾经有过失败的婚姻。饱受折磨。甚至崩溃。每天眼泪洗脸,无法专注在工作上,晚间无法入睡。就想着要上吊结束生命。各方面的压力导致我百病缠身。为了活下来而不被折磨下去,我提出离婚。经过艰苦的过程,终于和出轨的丈夫分开。而我也心力交瘁,患了忧郁症,自身免疫系统失调等。那么多的健康问题使我很困扰和悲伤。

 

1997年生产后,我有严重贫血而被怀疑患有地中海贫血。要进一步检查也抽不到血。
吃补药打针六个月才勉强得到一点血。检查报告出来说我不是地中海贫血。而是严重缺铁。
导致造血困难。只剩0.2mcg的铁,随时可以死掉。医生建议输血。但我害怕输入别人的血。
却没想到我随时都会丢命。经过多年的医治,我的贫血问题还不见有好转。直到在2006年,
医生终于找到最适合的药物治疗。吃了多个月后,我的红血球字数上升。太好,太高兴了!
虽然那时我是个佛教徒,但我却想到一定是上帝来拯救我。让医生可以对症下药来医治我。
我感谢上帝。

2006年,我做过多次手术。其中一个手术是切除子宫肌瘤。手术后,我买了一份医药保险。但保险公司排除子宫保险。经过十年的检查,妇科医生说我一切都很好。然后,我就在20164月做了一个详细的检查。拿检查报告呈交给保险公司。申请除去十年前的排除子宫保险。在20168月,保险公司通知我,说我的申请已批。我子宫也受保了。我感谢上帝聆听我的祷告。他一一地回答我的祷告。这是我受洗后,上帝给于我的一份美好的应许/礼物。我感谢上帝他的看护与保守。

其实在我信主之前,我是个很悲观,对人生充满焦虑,恐惧,不安,有罪恶感的人。信主之后还没洗礼前,我还会无端端哭泣,忧郁。也许是撒旦魔鬼在搅扰我。一个星期受洗前除了偶像后,我感觉上帝就在这时空进入我心。我顿然没有了忧郁和悲伤。
对比洗礼后的今天和信主之前,最大的不同是我每天的生活中,多出了很多的平安和喜乐,也对未来抱有盼望。我同事都看到不一样的我。
现在知道是神在掌管一切,有什么问题,全都交托于神。因为我们的力量有限。我也能体会到神给每个人安排了最适合的方式来认识他。我能感受到神的爱尽管我有过犯。我也依然能感受到神给我的心信和力量。
感谢你们在这个特殊的日子同我分享我的见证。谢谢!

No comments: