A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Friday 4 November 2016

AYAM PONGTEH


Ayam Pongteh
(Nonya Chicken Potato Stew)


I have heard so much about this Nonya dish
but have never tasted it 
until Felicia Khaw shared it in Facebook

When I cooked it for dinner that night
To my surprise
my hubby said
"my mom used to cook this!"

I have to agree that it was very nice

Happy to share with you the recipe:

2 shallots, peeled & chopped
5 pips garlic, peeled & chopped
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp taucheo (fermented bean sauce)
1/2 Tbsp dark soya sauce
2 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp palm sugar. chopped
1/4 chicken, cut into bite size
2 small potatoes, peeled & cut into large pieces
2 cups water

1) pound shallots & garlic into coarse paste (optional)
2) heat oil in wok, add shallots & garlice & fry until fragrant
3) add chicken pieces & potato, mix well
4) add taucheo, dark soya sauce & palm sugar, continue frying
5) add enough water to cover chicken, and bring to a boil
6) lower heat and let simmer until chicken is cooked, stirring
7) season with soy sauce to taste. serve hot with steamed rice.

No comments: