If you love Bao,
you will love its soft spongy texture.
If you find tau Sar Bao too common or too plain to savor in a dim sum restaurant,
You will probably opt for Lau Sar bao
because of its creamy sweet filling.
When you bite into a hot Lau Sar Bao,
Its steaming hot creamy filling may burn your tongue.
Bao skin is adapted from nasilemaklover's
Lau Sar from bakeforhappykids's recipes
60g icing sugar
25g custard powder
25g milk powder
2 salted egg yolk, cooked & mashed
50g butter, softened
1 tsp milk
1. Combine all ingredients, mix well
2. Add milk & put in fridge to harden before dividing into 12 portion
3. Leave in fridge until required
350g pau flour
1 tsp double action baking powder
1 tsp instant yeast
1. All ingredients into bread machine, knead for 15 min until smooth.
2. Leave to proof for 15 min
3. Divide dough into 12 portions each of 51g
4. Wrap filling & place on lined steaming pan
5. Leave bao in the steamer to proof for 20 min
6. Steam bao from cold water for 20min
7. When ready, leave bao in steamer for 2-3 min before opening cover & removing them.