A Time To Share

Our God is a God of Nations:
"He so love the WORLD ... He gave His one and only son..."

Monday 31 August 2015

APPLE CRUMBLE PIE




Apple Crumble Pie
is one of my favourites

If you want to know why I like it
just come and join me 
and have a piece


Filling:
5 cups peeled & chopped apples
1/2 cup sugar (I used 80g because I prefer not so sweet)
1 tsp ground cinnamon (I put extra for more flavor)
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
2 Tbsp all purpose flour
1) combine all ingredients & leave aside

Short Crust Pastry:
135g all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
55g cold butter, cut
5 Tbsp ice water

2) combine flour & salt
3) cut cold butter into the flour
4) press butter with fingers to form crumbs
5) gradually add in ice water to bind the dough
6) refrigerate dough for 1 hour

Topping:
60g sugar
60g all purpose flour flour
60g cold butter, cut

7) combine all ingredients for crumble & leave aside
8) take out dough from fridge & roll  to form a pie base
9) line baking tray with the rolled pastry
10) knead the edges
11) pour apple mixture onto the pie dish
12) sprinkle toppings
13) bake in preheated 180'C for 40-45min until brown


No comments: